Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fresh Basil

I have started an herb garden! Well OK, I didn't start an herb garden, the boys started an herb garden with Daddy's help! The last two times I tried turned into a big FAIL! I bought one of those potted basil plants from the supermarket and the boys re-potted it in the window box I picked up at target. It is my opinion, that basil MUST be fresh, ALWAYS! The problem is that it's expensive to buy at the supermarket and you never use all of it before it goes bad. So the best way to prevent that is to grow your own. Along with the basil, they also planted some oregano and cilantro seeds. At first I didn't think it was going to make it, but it persevered through the nasty triple H weather and within a week my basil had doubled in size and the oregano and cilantro budded.

Our City Back Yard Herb Garden


Since I had so much basil, I decided to make some pesto for dinner! While browsing pasta dishes I also came across a recipe for Eggplant Parmesan. I have never made it before, but decided to give it a shot, since it fits into my goal of adding more veggies into our diets! I will post the recipe I used, along with pictures tomorrow! For now, it's late and time for this tired Momma to hit the sack!

No comments:

Post a Comment