Saturday, August 8, 2009

Accidents Sometimes Pay Off

I had some thin-sliced turkey cutlets to use the other day. My plan was to do something Italian with them and the eggplant in my fridge...perhaps an herb-crusted turkey cutlet with eggplant parm....

But, I was upset to find when I cut into my eggplant that it was no good. After a few battles with the boys I was fresh out of creativity, so I just started to cut things up, put them ina pot, and cook them. Turns out it was a pretty good dish, and when I watched Next Food Network Star on DVR last night, I even discovered it was similar to Melissa's 4-step chicken. Here is what I did...

Dredge 6 thin-sliced turkey breasts in 1 packet of fajita seasoning.
In a pan, heat some EVOO and add 1 coarsely chopped onion, a little chopped garlic, and cook until translucent. Add the turkey breats and cook for three minutes on each side. Then, to the pan add 3/4 cup white wine, 2 diced tomatos (seeds removed), a diced pepper, and 1 small can of diced green chilis. Cook for about five minutes longer. Serve over rice.

This dish was extremely low fat but full of flavor. The best part is that you can sub in just about any vegetable you have on hand, or you could use a different meat (chicken, pork, whatever you have).

No comments:

Post a Comment